Patient Info / Forms
We are here to help you enjoy your life, pain-free! To make a convenient appointment, simply call us today at 616.392.2172.
Our practice is dedicated to helping our patients identify the cause of their pain and creating a custom treatment program that will allow them to return to normal activities pain-free.
Before Your First Visit
- Make a list of questions that you have to discuss on your first visit.
- Make a list of symptoms and functional limitations that you have been experiencing; these will be of importance to you physical therapist.
- Have in writing your medical history, previous treatments related to this condition, and any other important information that may be pertinent to your physical therapist.
- Arrive on time for your first appointment.
- Bring with you a copy of your insurance card and a photo ID.
- Bring a medication list including dosage and frequency taken.
What to Expect on Your First Visit
- You will register with our friendly front office staff. They will provide you with the appropriate intake forms to fill out, make a copy of your insurance and identification cards, as well as explain your insurance’s quote of benefits for physical therapy services.
- At the bottom of this page you will find the New Patient Form as well as the Consent to Treatment Form. If you prefer to fill these out at home rather than in the office,you may bring them along to your first visit. Please note there will still be additional paperwork to fill out in the office upon your arrival.
- You will meet with your physical therapist for your initial evaluation. During your evaluation your physical therapist will ask questions about your medical history. They will also ask about your current problem, and any pain and/or functional limitations you may be experiencing. Open communication helps us understand your problem.
- Your movement, strength, coordination, and much more will be evaluated. Our purpose is to help you, so please ensure you communicate to your physical therapist if anything is hurting or bothering you during the examination.
- Your physical therapist will recommend a plan of care that is individualized to your unique needs. They will discuss the recommendations with you.
- In most cases, treatment will be performed the first day to get you started on your road to recovery. However, during the next visit you will get into the full swing of your treatment plan.
- You will receive a schedule of a series of visits that have been reserved for you; if needed, these can be adjusted with the front desk staff. We offer many convenient appointment times, however, early and late times are in high demand so it is best to book ahead to reserve your preferred appointment times.
- The amount of therapy needed will be determined at your first visit upon the recommendation of your physical therapist. However, your appointment needs will be reassessed as you progress through your treatment program. Much will depend on your compliance with your home program and appointment attendance. We may need to remove, or add appointments based on your individual needs. The average number of visits needed are 1-2 times per week over the course of 4-6 weeks.
- Your physical therapist will write up their findings and treatment plan. This will be submitted to the medical professional who referred you to physical therapy.
- If you have any questions at anytime, please don’t hesitate to call. We want to ensure your satisfaction and full recovery. For those patients who do not have health insurance or those who have maxed out their benefits, we offer a private pay plan. Please contact us today for more information on our fees for service and payment details.
New Patient Form
Consent to Treatment